Wednesday, July 28, 2004

WHAT HAS LUPUS GIVEN ME?

Hey that's Hilja, Donna and me.  The second picture is Donna with the devil horns, Vicky in red, Hilja with the straw hat, me with the halo and Linda sitting. A girl couldn't ask for two better friends.  A question occassionally pops up on the Lupus Message Board that asks....."What has Lupus Given You?"  You have read about all the impugn things it has brought to my life.  Or how it has pilaged my body.  But at this moment in time I am thinking about the wonderful people it has brought into my heart and soul.  People like Hilja and Donna.  These two women I met online through the Lupus Messae Board.  We met in person and now are the closest of friends.

Hilja has a pain in the butt kind of Lupus and I am thankful that she does.  My dear friend suffers from slayer Lupus headaches. But when Hilja flares she is thrown for quite a loop.  But, bless her heart she has learned to how to find out what brings on her flares and is aware of how to avoid them.  She is a brilliant woman. Always able to answer my medical questions.  She is a kind soul.  Caring and soft spoken.  Hilja is my confidant,  Never have I called her when I was in need that there was a time that she didn't have time for me.  Hilja is always on my side.  I love her dearly!  We were brought together for a reason and I am so delighted and thankful we were.

Donna, my dear Donna!  What can I say about Donna?  Everyone who knows Donna loves her!  She is an amazing woman.  As sick as she is she keeps going.  We call her the "Dutchess of Do-A-Lot".  I call her the "Energizer Bunny". She has just recently had to go on oxygen after her recent hospital stay.  Donna wasn't feeling "that great" (for those of you who don't know her "not that great" = really sick for novices and those who would rather take to their beds) but Donna took her two grandchildren and the two children she had for two weeks from the Fresh Air Fund to PA.  Long story short Donna was getting sicker and drove home and ended up in the hospital with Pulmonary Edema. Like I said, Donna keeps on going and going.  Donna and I are very much alike as faras our sense of humor and tolerance are concerned.  I can't imagine my life without Donna.  She guides me and tells me about Lupus and life. She is a gem and I am proud to know her!

There are others that I love from the Lupus Message Board.  With these woman we share information, situations, experiences but most of all we share support, life and love. There is Loretta (who inspired me to start writing this journal because her journal is so wonderful and I cannot wait to meet her some time soon), Susan (my email buddy, Shayner (my phone pal), Juliana (who is always in my prayers), Sparkly,  Kellie (my twin), Gracie (our little girl), Betty, Margie, Jacky, Karyl, Kathy, Cindy, Wililow, Laura, Kimberly, Katrina, Jo, The Hollies, DonnaBelle, Mariann,  Brenda, Vicki, Vicky, Patty, Pam, and, Kitten.  And, all you new people I am so glad Welcome to the Board.  To those of you who haven't posted in a while I miss you and hope you are well.  If I have forgotten anyone please forgive me.

So to answer the question...... What has Lupus given me?  It has given me friends.  Wonderful, beautiful friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw...Lu...what a simply beautiful journal entry. You make me feel inspired to be a better person. (((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

I love you too, Lu!

Susan~