Saturday, August 4, 2007

Both of my children have gotten jobs.  We have only been here three weeks.  This is good.  Everyone appears happy.

But me.  I have pushed my body to the limit.  Both physically and emotionally.  Now I am living in flare land.  I knew it was coming but I ignored the signs.  This morning I woke up a mess.  Aside from the pain and fatigue, my head was/is a mess.  Very foggy and confused.

I slept most of the day.  I hope this doesn't last long.  I've yet to find a doctor.  If things continue and I still feel this sick I might just go to the ER.  I think that is the simplest way to find a doctor.

On a better note, my sister's visit was really nice.  It was great to see her.  It was even nicer for all of us to be together.  We did a lot.  Last night we all went out for dinner and then to an amusement attraction.  I played skey (sp?) ball.  We didn't get home until about 1 am.  We spent most of our time at my brother and sister in-law's house.  My sister in-law, Carol, is a great cook.  I was amazed the other day when she whipped up king crab legs, shrimp scampi, fried flounder and scungili in no time at all.  And, it was so delicious.

I'm sure that the pace I have been keeping up these last three weeks has attributed, if not caused, this flare.  If a flare is ever worth it, this one is.  Because I really did have a great week.

Hugs, LuAnne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time with your sister...will be keeping you in my prayers!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

hi luanne!  i'm glad this flare was worth it - at least you had fun!  it was so nice to hear from you ... i am finally finding my writing "chops" again after so long (back in my private journal)!  hope that this is a short flare.  maybe getting some r&r will help - that and some ibuprofen like clockwork?  (i'm being very, very hopeful here lol)  who knows?  but, like you said, at least you had fun!  lol  (((( gentle hugs )))) tracey (one*hip*mama)

Anonymous said...

Hope your flare-up subsides soon, Lu-Anne. Am pleased though that you're happy, and hope you find a good doc soon.

Anonymous said...

keeping you in prayer:) hope the flare goes away soon. enjoy your weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

Rest... find a doc... rest some more!  I am worried about you!  I know you have had to be doing wayyyyy too much!  

I am very excited to here that the kids have gotten jobs!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have had such a good week.  Now, hopefully you can recuperate a little bit.
Lori

Anonymous said...

((((((((hugs dear)))))))))  I'm glad you had a great week even if a flare is coming.  I am praying you will find a very good doc soon.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

You know, Lu, in spite of the flare...
I am so happy for you and your family.
Now I will jump on my soap box and lecture you to rest, dear friend.
Much Love,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

I just love your attitude in the face of such overwhelming challenges! Keep on keeping on!
Shadie