Monday, July 23, 2007

Good Morning.  Just a quick note about our move.  We arrived here in SC on Sunday, July 15 at about 4 PM.  We made the trip from NY in two days.  Staying overnight in Virginia.  The kids flew down from NY on Saturday, July 14.  My brother picked them up at the airport.  We are all doing well.  The kids already have job interviews set up for today.  Everyone is happy.  We already loved it here, so living here was a no brainier.  Plus, I am feeling pretty great.  Good enough to have finished all the unpacking.  Our furniture arrived here 6 days after we did.  Everything is in place.  The apartment is nice.  Somewhat smaller than the house we had in NY so some furniture and many boxes had to be put in a storage room we are renting.  Still waiting for a closing date.  Apparently they are waiting for the appraisal.  Which I don't quite understand because there is nothing there.  It's just a plot of land.  Oh well.

Here is a meme I stole from Dawn at http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

I Live: Easley, South Carolina now.

I Work: Not outside the house as I am disabled due to my illnesses.

I Talk: to anyone and everyone!

I Wish: for way too many things.

I Enjoy: that first cup of coffee in the morning.  I am a coffee snob as I really only enjoy my own coffee.  Although I do love Starbucks, McDonald's and diner coffee.

I Look: with the eyes of a child.

I Find:  the good in most people.  Or at least I try.

I Smell:  a carmel Old Virginia Wood Wick candle that is burning on top of my entertainment unit right now.

I Listen:  when I am not stressed.  Then I seem to lose that ability

I Hide:  nothing

I Pray:  too little

I Write:  everything down or I seem to forget it. (Dawn I stole this one from you.)

I See:  a lot and a little

I Sing:  along with songs I like.  Even though I have the most horrendous singing voice and CANNOT hold a tune.

I Laugh:  a lot

I Can:  therefore I do

I Watch: All of the CSI shows, all the Law and Orders, Charmed, Angel, Big Love, Dexter, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model and those new karaoke shows on TV.

I Yearn:  for it to be this time next year.  Yeah, yeah I know not to wish (or in this case yearn) my life away.  But, I just want this house started and completed already.

I Daydream: a lot

I Fall:  all the time.  I am very uncoordinated.

I Want:  to win the lottery.  (he he don't we all?) (Another I stole from Dawn)

I Cry:  haven't in a while.

I Burn:  even if I am out in the sun for 10 minutes.  Goes along with the Lupus and the reactions some of the meds I take.

I Read:  not as much as I want.  Ever since I got sick I cannot read as well as I used to.  Oh I know how to, just can't seem to concentrate long enough to read more than one or two sentences.

I Love:  My husband sooooooooo much.

I Rode:  in a car yesterday, LOL

I Sometimes:  want scream really loud.

I Hurt:  physically more than the next person.

I Fear:  not much

I Hope:  that I am living my life with morals and raising my children right.

I Break:  way too many things.

I Eat:  not as much as I used to.

I Bathe: I'm a shower gal.  Although, lately I have been soaking in the tub because it helps with the inflammation.

I Drink:  COFFEE, diet green tea, sweat tea (hey I'm a Southerner now) and lately water. 

I Stop:  and crash

I Save:  nah

I Hug:  and love to be hugged.

I Meditate:  nope, more like pray

I Play:  no instruments.  Although, I used to be able to play Beethoven's Fifth on the piano with my right hand.

I Miss: my father and my grandparents.  Friends that couldn't handle me being ill.  Sorry, but I don't miss New York one bit.

I Hold: onto my hubby so much lately.  I couldn't survive life without him.

I Forgive:  without being asked. 

I Drive:  everyone crazy

I Learned:  not to sweat the small stuff.  I don't always do it, but I try.

I Dream:  vividly.

I Have:  the best family and life in the world.

I Don't:  think worrying about anything helps.  The time spent worrying is time you lose from your life.  What is going to happen is going to happen.

I Made:  or make a great gravy.  For those of you who don't know what I mean .... Italian's all tomato sauce with lots of meat..... gravy.

I Believe: that Jesus died for my sins.  And, that if I were the only person on earth, he still would have died for me.

I Wait:  way too much.  Gary says I have no patience.

I Need:  get my eyes checked.

I Owe:  a lot to my mother.  She is pretty amazing.

I Hate:  prejudice.

I Feel:  pretty good.

I Know:  my husband loves me and I love him back.

I Wonder:  what tomorrow will bring.

I Applaud:  anyone who cares for the elderly and infirm.

I Love: intensely.


Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased your move went well, Luanne. Good luck with finalising everything :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!  Congrats!  You are there!  Boo hoo!!!  I love your answers and thanks for the advice... i need to stop worrying!  LOL  I don't worry about me... I worry about everyone else!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Loved all your answers..glad you got moved and are feeling good!!! Have a great week friend!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Great answers! and so glad you are all settled and loving it!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got moved in okay!
Lori