Saturday, December 16, 2006

You guys are just wonderful.  Thank you so much for your words of support and comfort.  Your prayers for me have been answered.  The lump on my breast is some kind of fatty tumor.  The sore (which is healing now) turned out to be some sort of cyst.  It just so happens that when I injured myself it was on the exact spot that I had a cyst.  So, that is why it looked so ugly and because of my prednisione and immunosuppressant use, it took such a long time to heal.

I am so happy.  It is such a weight off my mind.  I wasn't handling this well, I was very afraid.  Now, I am so thankful.  God answers prayers.  What better time than right before the celebration of His birth.

Mom is coming up for Christmas, I am so happy.  She will be here on Monday.  I'm going to take a trip to the airport with our friend Pat.  He is coming with me for moral support.  It's not a very long drive but I can't do it alone.  Maybe he will drive.  That would be even better.

We are going to have a wonderful and quiet Christmas.  We will stay home.  I'm going to put up a huge gravy (for the non Italians - tomato sauce).  I am going to pull out all the stops.  I will be be putting sausage, meat balls, pieces of beef and pork and braccoli.  This gravy will need to cook for hours but, if I must say so myself, I make a good gravy and the effort is worth it.  We'll probably have stuffed shells or manicottis.  Maybe even lasagna.  Since Mom will be here we will be making three colored cookies.  They are made with almond paste.  Maybe even a ricotta cheese cake.  I am so excited.

Most of my shopping is done.  I shopped online this year.  Tonight Gary and I will go over to the shopping center.  There is a Target there and I just have to pick up a few odds and ends.  Then we will go to Home Depot.  I'm going to buy a new area rug for the living room.  But first we will stop at Applebee's for dinner.

This entry is much better than my last few.  I am pretty happy and looking forward to the holiday.

Again, I want to thank you all.  Your comments and emails really lifted my spirits.

Thank you so much.

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so glad! Hugs to you! :o) What a gift to have at this time of year! This is the best! God bless you hon! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear it was only a cyst and nothing really serious. Sounds like a great meal in the offing - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

((((((((((Lu)))))))))))))) rejoicing with you for the great news!  Prayers continue for your wellbeing.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

thank the good lord for answered prayers:) enjoy your weekend

Deb

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!  I am so relieved and so happy that all of our prayers were answered!  Another little Christmas miracle!  My shopping is done too... most online like you and the rest finished yesterday with a run to the stores... yay!

I am so happy!  {{{{{ Lu }}}}}

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Lu!!!!

Now I want to come eat at your house on Christmas Day! Sounds wonderful!!!

I do most of my shopping online too, it's so easy to do and I do my shopping in  my Pajamas :)

GREAT NEWS ALL AWAY AROUND LU!!!
Merry Christmas to you & your family,
Love Kathy

Anonymous said...

Whew! I am so happy for you! And I am also happy that this Christmas is shaping up to be such a good one. I can almos taste your gravy myself, just by thinking about it! Margo

Anonymous said...

I love reading GOOD NEWS............
I'm so HAPPY FOR YOU.
Thanking the Lord................................................
Love
eileen

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your good news.  I can hear happiness in your voice.  It just rings in your post.  

It looks like you are on your way to having a lovely holiday.

Hugs,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sooooo Happy to hear this news..Continued prayers will go up for you!  Hugs my friend!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

LuAnne, wonderful news regarding the lump, our prayers were certainly answered.  Indeed you have so much to be thankful for this holiday season. A quiet Christmas is nice every now and then.  Seems like this holiday just showed up too quickly this year and everyone is in a rush, so nice and quiet sound good dear.  Take care, glad your news was good dear....  Arlene (AJ)  

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to read in your blog that the breast problem is not one you must worry about a great deal.  You have enough to worry about.  I hope you had a happy Christmas today.    Gerry

Anonymous said...

Gee, Lu, I have been sick for two weeks and haven't been by.  So sorry about your lump scare.  I have had three fatty tumors myself.  I still have two of them in my body.  I get them easily.  Go figure.  I do hope you had a good Christmas, honey.  I wish you a wonderful 2007, too!!  Big hugs and love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason