Wednesday, October 25, 2006

FRANKENSTEIN

 

This is an interesting tag going around blogs recently. 

 

I want to see what you guys are reading!! 

 

Go ahead and try this!! 

 

Here are the instructions...

 

1) Grab the nearest  book.

2)   Open to page 123.

3)   Find the fifth sentence.

4)    Post the text of the next four sentences along with these instructions.

5)    Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in the back  of your closet!  I know that is what you are thinking!

6)    Tag four or five people.

 

 

 

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

 

“My days were spent in close attention, that I might more speedily master the language; and I may boast that I improved more rapidly than the Arabian, who understood very little, and conversed in broken accents, whilst I comprehended and could imitate almost every word spoken.

 

“While I improved in speech, I also learned the science of letters, as it was taught to the stranger; and this opened before me a wide field for wonder and delight.

 

“The book from which Felix instructed Safie was Volney’s Ruins of Empires.  I should not have understood the purport of this book had not Felix, in reading it, given very minute explanations.

 

Now who to tag......

Nah, just do it everyone.

 

Hugs, Lu

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abandon Ship!Saga of the USS Indianapolis The Navy's Greatest Sea Disaster

Page 123, 5th sentence:"The port director would assign arrivals to numbered berths and take care of their needs, be it fuel, food, or films."

Kathy
http://www.LupusMCTD.com

Anonymous said...

Oh...my you are reading Frankenstein??? that would give me night mares..I can watch movies okay but my mind is different with books...LOL...I have to get this tag done..LOL..I have been tagged and it is just one of those weeks...LOL..Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I love it!  Great book, its been years since I read it...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I've done this yesterday. Hope you're keeping well

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Just moments earlier there had been only roughly garbed laborers and cart drivers in view, but now the camp began to bustle. Clusters of white-clad novices, the so-called "families," scurried along the walkways to reach there classes, held in any tent large enough to accommodate them, or even in the open. Those who hurried by her ceased there childish prattle to offer perfect curtisies in passing. The sight never ceased to amaze her.

From "Knife Of Dreams" by Robert Jordan
11th book in the Wheel Of Time series