Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dear Grandma

Dear Grandma,

It's almost been 10 years since you left us to be with The Lord. I am still, after all of this time, getting used to life without you. And, without Grandpa. You two were my heros. My confidants. The vision of who I wanted to become. I hope I have made you proud.

Life has changed so much since you left. I feel a little lost. You wouldn't be proud of the way things have turned out. I am very sure that you would have quite a lot to say. I wish I knew what that would be. Or, maybe I do know.

No one was there for me the way you were. I believe, without a doubt, that I am who I am today because of you.

"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children." ~Alex Haley

It saddens me that my children will not get to learn from you the way that I did. But I will do my best to make you proud and teach them the way you taught me.

Please give Grandpa a big hug. I know you were not one for hugging, but now that you are in heaven with The Lord, I think you hug all the time.

I love you so much.

LuAnne

2 comments:

ADB said...

RIP Grandma and Grandpa, Luanne.

Admin said...

Thanks for the post. Here is some more information on Lupus:

How Do You Get Lupus?