Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Good Morning

Lately I have been sleeping horribly. 

I have no trouble falling asleep.

Staying asleep is the problem.

This morning I was up at around 4ish.  I was very happy to see that NYPD Blue was on TNT.  So I got my meds ready and watched it.

I would love to get out today but I have no car.  Gary, Jr.'s car is in the shop so he must take mine to get to work.  That is more important than me going shopping and spending money.  Don't you think?  Especially considering the car repair will cost $790.00.  Working breaks and exhaust system are important.

Wilson, our new puppy, is doing well.  He has already gained 4 pounds (it must be more by now).  He still cannot go out for a walk where other dogs might be.  He is too young for his rabies shot.  Wilson has been sleeping in bed with us.  It works out well when I finally get back to sleep and want to sleep late.  He just lays there and waits for me to get up.  He is a good boy.  Except that he likes to nip at me.  I think he is teething.  We bought him a lot of toys so when he starts nipping we just give him one of his chew toys.  I'd include pictures except that I forgot the code to enter to add a picture in my journal and when I try to add a picture above my computer freezes.  Gotta have Gary, Jr. look at it.  Hey I just remembered the code, I think.

Tomorrow I have a rheumi appointment.  I am going to take the NYC Access A Ride there.  He wants to follow up with me since I was in the ER last week.  I am flaring and my electrolytes were very low.  The fentanyl patch seems to be working.  But fatigue has been a major problem.  Plus my skin is very itchy.

I'm  doing somewhat better emotionally.  Thank you so much for your comments and emails encouraging me.  As my mood above says, I am still feeling frustrated.  I guess that's okay.  It will pass.

Please pray forLoretta's Life with Lupus sister and mother.  Read her journal.  Also Karyl, Kathy and all of my Lupie friends.  They all have woes other than Lupus going on.

Thank God our central air conditioning is fixed.  Thank God that hubby is talented and can fix stuff.  The heat was really giving me a hard time.  I was being a real horror too.  Just couldn't take the heat. The temp in the house read over 90 degrees.

Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lu dear, although I am terribly sorry you are sleeping poorly and still flaring, I am so delighted to see you blogging again!  Wilson's pix is so cute!

I can really identify with the car repair problem.  I went out yesterday morning to go to Curves and mine would not start.  Totally dead.  The battery is OK, unfortunately, so it means a more complicated problem.  I will be calling triple A to tow it to a shop later this morning, am now into my second day of carlessness lol.  Feels strange but sort of nice to have an enforced holiday.
I worked on some home chores yesterday that I have been putting off, some tidying and sorting in my sewing room/office.  I tend to carry stuff in there and set it down in piles when I am tidying the rest of the house and soon it's a mess in there, then I don't want to stay in there to do anything because I dislike the mess lol.
loving you
karyl

Anonymous said...

Hi Lu!!!
Great to recieve my AOL alerts from you! Wilson sure is a cutie!!! I'm a dog lover, I have 5 Chihuahuas, whos weight probably equals to Wilson's :)

I hear you on the heat, we are gettin gready for a major heat wave in California, triple digits for the next 7 days. We may break an old record of 108* degrees and hit 110*. I sur ehope not as my lungs are so bad right with from warm air and the cool air conditioning.

You take care and get some rest. I think we're all in for a very long hot summer.
(((LU))))

Love Kathy

Anonymous said...

Lu,

Thank you so much for the update. I like to know how you are doing... so sorry you had to be at the ER again!
Rather watch ER reruns than actually be in one!

Thank you so much for the prayer request, also. My family needs this big time. Found out yesterday that my sister's cancer is stage 4.

:(

Anonymous said...

Wilson is soooo cute!  He is getting big!  Yay!  Oh my no a/c?  I would freak too!  My prayers are with you hon, please check in after the docs....

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

he is so cute, what kind of dog is it? How old is it?  I'm happy your feeling a little better. Take care and hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Found your journal by surfing J-land - I think I've commented before, but a long time ago. Good luck with your journey through life with lupus.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Wilson is a doll! A new puppy.... ( has it's ups and downs )
Wish they had that new car smell rather than new puppy smell,lololoo

What a sweet looking dog, great journal too... Cheryl from mass.  http://journals.aol.com/cste609371/writingsshortstoriesbyStewart/